Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning
Why is kitchen exhaust hood cleaning so important? Well, according to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), the vast majority of restaurant fires originate on kitchen cooking appliances, that may flare into the kitchen exhaust system.
A1 SCS will eliminate smoke and grease coming from the cooking area and generate a cleaner, cooler kitchen, ensuing in a much more efficient working environment for you and your kitchen personnel as well as restrict the chance of fire.
You are responsible for the safety of your staff and patrons and you must ensure their safety by hiring a fully trained, certified, and an insured kitchen exhaust hood cleaning company that provides you with before and after pictures and an after-service report that you can show to the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) if required.
We help you keep your kitchen area and exhaust systems, safe and operating at their most effective. We include everything. Our kitchen exhaust hood cleaning service has been created for a variety of eating establishments. Our objective is to clean as well as help protect your property from the threat of fire in your cooking exhaust system. We clean the hood, plenum, duct risers, filtration system and filters, grease boxes and exhaust fans we also offer cleaning of kitchen equipment, washable ceilings, floors, commercial kitchens, ductwork, and rooftop, to the relevant NFPA codes.
Please click here if you’re looking for Edmonton industrial janitorial services.
Why Use A Certified Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning Company?
Our specialists are fully trained as well as certified in accordance with NFPA 96 and IKECA regulations and procedures for kitchen exhaust hood cleaning. We are reliable and know the “do’s and don’ts” and the relevant health codes.
Our service takes every aspect into account to make certain your complete system is cleaned correctly.
We are proud of our high quality, and thus clean every kitchen system properly and at A1 SCS we will certainly let you know what needs to be cleaned and executed to deliver your system into compliance.
Call us today at 844-992-1727 for restaurant hood cleaning estimate. You’ll be in specialist hands, and so will your staff.
How Often Should You Get kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning Performed?
Below are the steps taken to provide you with a full kitchen exhaust hood cleaning:
- On, arrival all employees should be in uniform.
- The lead technician should meet with the location manager and do a quick walk-through to explain the cleaning that will be performed and look for problem areas.
- Fan and system will go through a test run to ensure everything is running properly.
- The kitchen will then be wrapped in plastic to protect appliances and equipment.
- A plastic curtain will be placed around the hood, creating a funnel to capture any wastewater and chemicals.
- Filters removed and prepped for restaurant hood cleaning.
- The technician will go to the roof and shut down the fan. They will check the fan belt and replace if necessary. They will listen to the bearings and motor for irregularities. They will also check airflow (draw) to ensure adequate ventilation.
- The entire up-blast fan will then be cleaned including the fan blades, back of the fan blades, the air band (bowl) and the grease trap with a non-etching, degreasing foam. (Fan will be scrapped if needed.)
- Vertical ductwork, horizontal ductwork, plenum and filter gutter will then be cleaned with foaming degreaser and allowed to dwell.
- Any remaining buildup in the system will be scrapped or chiseled out.
- Then the entire system will be steam cleaned to remove all grease, buildup, and chemicals down to the bare metal.
- After cleaning horizontal ductwork the access doors that have been opened should have a service sticker showing the date cleaned and the technician’s name. (per NFPA 96)
- The plastic curtain will then be removed.
- During restaurant hood cleaning, the inside and exterior of the hood will undergo one final hand cleaning and polish will be applied.
- Filters and Grease Catchers will be thoroughly cleaned and re-installed.
- The entire kitchen will then be cleaned and organized to ensure that it looks as good as or better than when the service technicians arrived.
- Service stickers will be added to the hood showing the date of service, company name, technician’s name and any areas not cleaned. (per NFPA 96)
- The system will be turned back on and allowed to run to expedite the drying process.
- A Post Service Report will be filled out noting any deficiencies and/or challenges.
- Pictures of the entire system, including all ductwork, fans, and hoods will be taken for company and customer review.
Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning Locations